Below we inform you with transparency about the operation on this website (hereinafter "Site") of the so-called cookies.
What are “cookies”
Cookies are small text files sent by the Site to the user’s device (usually to the browser), where they are stored and then retransmitted to the Site the next time the same user visits it. A cookie may not retrieve any other data from the user's hard drive, transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user's web browser. Some of the functions of cookies can be transferred to other technologies. The term "cookies" refers to cookies and all similar technologies.
Purposes of using cookies and purposes of technical session cookies.
Pursuant to article 122 (1) of Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30th June 2003, as amended by Legislative Decree no. 101 of 10th August 2018, "technical" cookies may be used even without the consent of the user. Moreover, the European body, which brings together all the Data Protection Authorities of the various Member States (the so-called "Article 29" Group), clarified in Opinion 4/2012 (WP194), entitled “Cookie Consent Exemption”, which are the types of cookies that do not require prior informed consent from the user:
- user-input cookies (session-id), for the duration of a session or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases;
- authentication cookies, used for the purposes of authenticated services for the duration of a session;
- user‑centric security cookies, used to detect authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration;
- multimedia content player cookies, such as cookies for flash players, for the duration of a session;
- load balancing cookies, for the duration of a session;
- user‑interface customization cookies, for the duration of a session (or slightly longer);
- third‑party social plug‑in content‑sharing cookies, for logged‑in members of a social network.
Therefore, ICE Agency first of all informs you that on the Site technical cookies are used and are necessary to browse the Site as they allow essential functions such as authentication, validation, management of a browsing session and fraud prevention.
For maximum transparency, the following is a list of a series of technical cookies:
- cookies implanted in the user's / contractor's device directly (which will not be used for further purposes) such as authentication cookies, cookies for flash-like multimedia content players that do not exceed the duration of the session, etc.;
- cookies used to statistically analyze accesses / visits to the site (so-called "analytics" cookies) that only pursue statistical purposes (and not even profiling or marketing) and collect information in aggregate form without the possibility of identifying the individual user . In these cases, since the current legislation requires that for analytics cookies the person concerned is provided with a clear and adequate indication of the simple ways to oppose (opt-out) their system (including any mechanisms of anonymization of the cookies themselves) , we specify that you can change the settings of cookies.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The Data Controller is ICE Agency, Italian Trade & Investment Agency, with registered office in via Liszt, 21 – 00144 Rome, Tel. 06 59921 (hereinafter ICE Agency).
The Data Protection Officer may be contacted at the following email address: email@example.com.
Exercise of the user’s rights.
The user may at any time exercise his/her rights and in particular access his/her personal data, request its rectification or limitation, its updating if incomplete or incorrect, and its erasure if collected in breach of the law, as well as object to its processing without prejudice to the existence of legitimate grounds on the part of the Data Controller. The user shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
For this purpose, it is possible to contact the Data Controller or the Data Protection Officer.
Lastly, we inform you about the possibility of lodging a complaint with the Italian Supervisory Authority – Italian Data Protection Authority – Piazza Venezia n. 11 – 00187 Rome.
For any further information you may send a request to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information may be integrated with further indications, also in consideration of the regulatory changes or the provisions of the European Commission and the Data Protection Authority.
For more information on cookies please visit the Website of the Data Protection Authority at the following link